Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Swedish prosecutors will re-open charges against Paolo Macchiarini

From The Local: 

UPDATED: A preliminary investigation into scandal-hit celebrity surgeon Paolo Macchiarini has been reopened, a senior prosecutor said on Tuesday.

Surgeon Paolo Macchiarini is suspected of two cases of causing aggravated bodily injury in relation to trachea transplants.

"It is only a first step, but it is very pleasing," the lawyer representing relatives of both patients told the TT newswire.

Prosecutors dropped an earlier probe into the surgeon in October 2017 despite concluding that there had been a degree of negligence, but announced that they would re-examine some of the charges two months later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment