Thursday, March 20, 2014

Are you teaching the Markingson case?

In her recent post on the Impact Ethics blog, Kirstin Borgerson mentions that she has been teaching the Markingson case in her bioethics class at Dalhouse University.  I use the case in my classes as well, of course, and I've been asked to talk about it a number of times in other departments at the U -- nursing, pharmacy, law -- as well as at other universities (most recently, Tulsa University, the University of Toronto, and Rollins College.)  In fact, I often get emails from folks telling me they have used the case in their classes. Which raises an interesting question. Just how widely is this case being taught?

I'd like to put together a list. So do me a favor: if you have used (or plan to use) the Markingson case in a class, drop me a line. You can email me at the address on my university page, or just send a message on Twitter @FearLoathingBTX. And I'd also be grateful if you could circulate this post as widely as possible on social media sites, in order to cast the widest possible net.

1 comment:

  1. This case will be presented at the Minneapolis VA Grand Rounds, Tomorrow, July 10, 2015, from 12-1pm in the Minneapolis VA Auditorium.

    ReplyDelete