Saturday, March 16, 2013

Our gratitude to the folks behind Off Label

I haven't seen official confirmation yet, but word on the street has it that the documentary film Off Label will be in competition at the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, where it will be screening on April 26 and 27.  This is really exciting news.  After the film's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival last year, I remember Bob Helms (of Guinea Pig Zero fame) say to Mike Palmieri, "Most people could not even have the idea for a film this good, much less make one." I could not have said it better.  The first time I saw the film, I was speechless. It will break your heart.

But right now I just want to say thanks to Mike Palmieri and Donal Mosher, the remarkable guys who made the film, for lending us an excerpt from Off Label to use in gathering support for an investigation of the University of Minnesota.  In that excerpt, Mary Weiss speaks about her son and the circumstances of his death.  I'd also like to thank Anish Savjani and Vincent Savino at filmscience for graciously agreeing to let us use the excerpt.  Your support means a lot, and it is deeply appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment